Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Long text on a Page gets cut off by a question mark: please advise

Old Jul 26, 2009, 02:36 AM
tokyoterri

Hi, I love the theme, but I'm running into this problem: I'll be happily typing away (in HTML, usually), and when I Publish the Page, most of the text is gone.
We're talking about maybe 400 words.

I've attached a screenshot of the error.

Here's my other information:

site: http://www.modernmediajapan.com
Atuahualpa 3.4
Wordpress 2.8.2

Problem exists in:
Firefox 3.5.1
Safari: 4.02
Camino: 1.6.8

please let me know what I need to do: I have a business page to publish and can't move forward until I know. Thanks so much!

Terri
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PageProblemHTML.png
Views:	1124
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	203  Click image for larger version

Name:	PageProblemvisual.png
Views:	1053
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	204  
Old Jul 26, 2009, 05:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it looks like you have a non-printable character in the text that is causing WordPress problems. Try typing the text in a text editor then doing a copy and paste. NOTE: Do not use WORD or anything that will use RTF or it will cause problems. Try notepad.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 05:23 PM
tokyoterri

Hi Juggledad (great nick, btw!):

I should have noted that I copied and pasted from Text Wrangler...hmm, so it's a WP issue. Let me try again and see if it works this time. thanks for your reply.

Terri
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:10 AM
tokyoterri

not sure why it was happening, but my kludgy fix was to simply retype the text into the Page, and it worked. thanks!