Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Layout - Problem combining fluid resizing with max width

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:58 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
[SOLVED] Layout - Problem combining fluid resizing with max width

Hi

I'm having a little problem with Atahualpa's Layout settings (under 'LAYOUT style and configure'). I want the layout to resize to suit the user's browser, but I also want to limit resizing to 1280px max, which is the banner width. I think the theme should do this if I set (say) 99% in the 'Layout WIDTH and type' box (first item) and 1280px in the 'Layout MAX width' box (third item). However, this doesn't work for me. The layout resizes, but the max setting is ignored, and on wider monitors the layout extends beyond 1280px.

Could you tell me, please, if am I doing something wrong, or if there could be a conflict with other settings? The max layout width is enforced if I put 1280px in the 'Layout WIDTH and type' box, but then of course there is no resizing.

I'm using Atahualpa 3.7.9 and WordPress 3.4.2, with Chrome and Firefox.

Can anyone help, please? I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

Kit

Last edited by kitfreeman; Nov 1, 2012 at 09:08 PM.