Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Moving Sidebar to the top

Old May 13, 2011, 07:29 AM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Hi, I am building a new site at

http://kleinehunderassen.com/
WP Version: 3.1.2
Ata Version:3.6.4

Is there a way that I can make the right sidebar move to the top? I mean that the content of that sidebar starts at the top of the page, not below the header. Thanks, SY
Old May 13, 2011, 08:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Not really. the page is made up of three sections, the HEADER, the MIDDLE and the FOOTER. These sections are rows of a table,

The MIDDLE row of this table, has one to five TABLE CELL's: the left sidebars, the center and the right sidebars

the cells of one table row can't go up into the row above it.
Old May 13, 2011, 08:53 AM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Thanks Juggledad What would be then the code I need to insert to create a widget area (one cell) that occupies the top right corner of the screen? Aesthetically that would have the same effect I tried several out, but always ended up with the widget displaying under the header Thanks again, SY
Old May 13, 2011, 09:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
create a new widget area in the 'configure Header area' option and then position it with CSS
Old May 13, 2011, 09:19 AM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
create a new widget area in the 'configure Header area' option and then position it with CSS
Yup, created new widget and I know where to add the CSS insert BUT I don't speak CSS Any chance you could give me a hand / hint? SY
Old May 13, 2011, 09:32 AM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by hospitalera
Yup, created new widget and I know where to add the CSS insert BUT I don't speak CSS Any chance you could give me a hand / hint? SY
Next problem: I put in the following code: <?php bfa_widget_area('name=Headban'); ?> but after saving it says only <?php bfa_widget_area('Headban'); ?>

Why did Ata strip the name= part out? SY
Old May 13, 2011, 01:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did the widget area get created? If it did what is the name that is desplayed on the widget area in Appearance>Widgets?
Old May 13, 2011, 01:43 PM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Did the widget area get created? If it did what is the name that is desplayed on the widget area in Appearance>Widgets?
Yes, the area was created fine, but the widget was 'namelos' SY
Old May 13, 2011, 04:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The only thing I can think of is that there was a type originally that caused it.

1) remove any widgets you put in the area
2) remove the code that created the widget area
3) view the front page
4) go to ato->Add new WIDGET AREAS->Delete custom Widget Areas and follow the directions

Then you can try creating it again. This time make a copy of the code and paste it into a text file so you know you will have what you used in case it doesn't work again. then you can paste exactly what you used in a reply for us to look at.
Old May 14, 2011, 01:35 AM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
The only thing I can think of is that there was a type originally that caused it.

1) remove any widgets you put in the area
2) remove the code that created the widget area
3) view the front page
4) go to ato->Add new WIDGET AREAS->Delete custom Widget Areas and follow the directions

Then you can try creating it again. This time make a copy of the code and paste it into a text file so you know you will have what you used in case it doesn't work again. then you can paste exactly what you used in a reply for us to look at.
Thanks, that worked now! I have now a basic widget area in the header, what is now the code to put into the CSS inserts in order to get the widget into the top right corner? Thanks again, SY
Old May 14, 2011, 05:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
have you put anything into the widget area yet? I don't see it in the source code.
Old May 14, 2011, 05:57 AM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
have you put anything into the widget area yet? I don't see it in the source code.
Nothing in there, put will do so shortly, thanks! SY
Old May 14, 2011, 06:00 AM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by hospitalera
Nothing in there, put will do so shortly, thanks! SY
OK, that widget has now an image in it and as you can see it is under the header image. Any possibility to adjust it that it is in the top right corner, overlaying the white space of the header? SY
Old May 14, 2011, 06:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try this in the CSS Inserts - you will have to play with it a bit
HTML Code:
#headban {position: relative; margin-top: -135px;
float: right;
margin-right: 10px;}
Old May 14, 2011, 06:57 AM
hospitalera

72 posts · Mar 2009