Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

W3C Validation

Old Feb 6, 2009, 11:41 AM
eschweiler1986

1 posts · Feb 2009
Hello together,

is this Theme validated by W3C web standard?

Is it possible that the W3C Validation is incorrect, when I use many of different plug-ins?

Greets

Markus
Old Feb 6, 2009, 11:46 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Atahualpa is XHTML Strict, 0 errors, 0 warnings.

Widgets will however throw errors, for instance the Recent Comments widget with its "&cpage" in the URLs to paged comment pages.

So while the theme IS W3C valid (and HTML Strict, too, and without sending IE6 into quirks mode) it will be hard to keep it at that while adding widgets. Single posts may also interfere with validity with their content.

I would not be too worried, though. As long as you understand what the W3C errors are and where they come from, and, more importantly, as long as the site displays fine on all browsers incl. IE6.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:13 AM
Chester

21 posts · Jun 2009
Even though I understand atahualpa is compliant, don't you believe it will have an effect on search engine ratings etc.? Now, or in the near future?
Wouldn't it be useful then to have users pay more attention to what plugins/widgets they install?
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:45 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can try that but it may be hard to follow through.

Google itself is not valid by W3C standards, just like Yahoo, Ebay, Amazon, Facebook, MySpace, Microsoft, Youtube, Wikipedia, Adobe, Friendster, CNN aren't. Actually it is hard to find W3C compliant sites (wordpress.org, bbc.co.uk).

Don't get too worried about W3C. It's another tool to debug sites, it is not the end all to web development. The W3C results are not always "wise". CSS corners are counted as error,although they work fine in FF and Safari. If I create them with Javascript, then it's fine with W3C, but is it wise to use Javascript instead of the lightweight CSS, just to avoid this "error" message? It may be perfectly fine to have W3C errors on purpose, as long as the developer knows where they are coming from.

It really depends on what the W3C error messages say.