Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Menu Icons

Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:00 AM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
I had all my menu icons setup the way I wanted them, and then I setup a 'drop down' menu and assigned the menu to the Menu 1 theme. Since I did that I have two menu icons that are just displaying the 'default' star icon. Try as I might I can't change them.

Here is the menu icon coding I'm using:
Code:
/* Part 1- for default state: */
#menu1 .page-reviews > a > i { background-position: 0px -336px; }
#menu1 .page-landman-books > a > i { background-position: 0px -2112px; }
#menu1 .page-jobs > a > i { background-position: 0px -1272px; }
#menu1 .page-advertise-with-us > a > i { background-position: 0px -888px; }
#menu1 .page-contact-us > a > i { background-position: 0px -96px; }
/* Part 2 - for hover state: */
#menu1 .page-reviews:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-reviews.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -336px; }
#menu1 .page-landman-books:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-landman-books.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -2112px; }
#menu1 .page-jobs:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-jobs.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -1272px; }
#menu1 .page-advertise-with-us:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-advertise-with-us.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -888px; }
#menu1 .page-contact-us:hover > a > i, #menu1 .page-contact-us.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -96px; }
The url is www.landmaninsider.com\

Any suggestions on how to make them display the correct icon?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:18 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like you have a caching plugin. The first step is to clear the cache to see if that is the issue.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:21 AM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
I'm using W3, and I've emptied the W3 cache, and also locally just for safe measure.

The menu icons worked as intended before I setup the drop down menu.

edit: firebug shows that it isn't setting background-position for the menu items?

Last edited by ryoung; Feb 1, 2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the class you assigned to the job custom menu item?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:34 AM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
I haven't assigned any class in the menu settings? (title attribute???) The actual page is just setup to redirect to jobs.landmaninsider.com -- which hasn't thrown problems before.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:42 AM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
I did a quick test, and when I set the Menu 1 in theme location to blank then it reverts to the 'normal' menu and the icons work.

When I turn on the Menu 1 in theme location then it doesn't work.

I'm not sure if this can narrow down the issue or not...
Old Feb 1, 2013, 09:10 AM
ryoung

32 posts · Nov 2012
OK! Fixed it! Since I was redirecting the page to a subdomain URL, I needed to not call the 'page' and add a custom URL in the Menu setup. That corrected the issue. So apparently it just doesn't play nice with a "Page Links To" plugin I was using before I started using the custom menu setup.