Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Server crashed, need to restore settings...

Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:50 PM
willwork

24 posts · May 2010
Something happened with the server and the only thing I could do to get my site up was to do a fresh install of the mySQL database. I backed up the entire wordpress folder of my original design, but since I couldn't log in to the atahualpa settings to export the settings, is there any way to get into my backup and get those settings into my fresh atahualpa theme?
thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 04:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
All Atahualpa settings (and WordPress settings - ie posts, users, pages categories etc) are stored in the database. If you have a backup of the database you should be able to re-import it and have everything back. If not, it is all gone.

Make sure to use a plugin that will automatically backup the database (like wp-dbmanager) for all installs
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:47 AM
willwork

24 posts · May 2010
Thanks - are there files I can just drag back over and write over?

In the future, it sounds like I should create a backup using Atahualpa (which I didn't do) - which makes it easier.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 01:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The theme files (code) you can grab once again from the link in the forums
The DATA is all stored in the database - that includes the theme settings needs to be backed up and you need to use phpMyAdmin to do an export or some plugin to do an export so your data (including the Atahualpa settings) so you have a backup