Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Open syndicated posts in new window

Old Jan 30, 2010, 02:47 PM
ntrast

11 posts · Jan 2010
I was searching the forum how to get syndicated (from rss feeds like with feedwordpress plugin) posts to open in a new window because they are external. All i found was somwthing about javascripts. So i decided to explore the atahualpa code a bit and found a solution i would like to share.

This is for version 3.45:

Go to /wp-content/themes/atahualpa345/functions and open bfa_post_parts.

Around line 53 you will finde this code:

Code:
if( !is_single() AND !is_page() ) { ?>
   <a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php 
}
Replace it with:

Code:
if( !is_single() AND !is_page() ) { ?>
   <a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" <?php if (is_syndicated()): ?>target="_blank"<?php endif; ?> title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title(); ?>"><?php 
}
The trick is done here:
Code:
<?php if (is_syndicated()): ?>target="_blank"<?php endif; ?>
Now all your syndicated posts will open in a new window if you click at the headline. All other posts will still open in the same window.

Greez

Michael

PS.: maybe this would be a good feature for future atahualpa version. or even make it an option you can choose from in the theme options.