Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Remove Category Description As Category Hyperlink Title

Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:23 AM
msj484

16 posts · Sep 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am using Atahualpa 3.5.3 currently on my blog. I am trying to figure out how to edit the core files of the theme so that the category description is not the title(alt text) of the links. I see that there is an option in the theme options to prevent this from happening, but apparently since I am using the newest version of WP... it doesn't work. Can someone tell me which file I can edit, and what needs to be changed so that I can have it say "Category Name Articles" instead of the category description? Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 01:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
looks like the 'Yes' and 'No' are reversed
Old Sep 17, 2011, 02:31 PM
msj484

16 posts · Sep 2011
I tried that, and it doesn't seem to work. Any other suggestions? Do you think if I update my theme to the latest version, and then try what you are saying that might work?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 03:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When I set ATO->NEW MENU 2 (Category Menu)->Title tags in Category Menu Bar to NO and view the source, I see the 'Title' if I set it to YES I don't see the title.

Are you saying you see the TITLE in both cases?
Do you have a caching plugin?
did you flush your browses cache?
What is the url?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 08:37 AM
msj484

16 posts · Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
When I set ATO->NEW MENU 2 (Category Menu)->Title tags in Category Menu Bar to NO and view the source, I see the 'Title' if I set it to YES I don't see the title.

Are you saying you see the TITLE in both cases?
Do you have a caching plugin?
did you flush your browses cache?
What is the url?
I have done what you have mentioned, and nothing changes.

1) Yes I see the title in both cases
2) No I do not have a caching plugin
3) I did flush my cache, history, etc.
4) cookeatdelicious {d0t} com

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 09:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
One other question, are you using the Atahualpa menus or the wordpress new menu?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 10:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, now that I can see your site we can clear up some things.
1) you are using a PAGE menu in the header - this is what the Atahualpa options effect
2) you are using the Category WIDGET in a sidebar. - this has nothing to do with the theme, it is wordpress base code.

If you want to mess with that widget, I believe it is in the wp-includes/widgets.php file
Old Sep 18, 2011, 02:53 PM
msj484

16 posts · Sep 2011
Thanks for your responses. I looked through the wp-includes/widgets.php file and didn't find my answer. I then looked at wp-includes/category-template.php and I found the issue in this code:

if ( $use_desc_for_title == 0 || empty($category->description) )

I changed the 0 to a 1, and that fixed my issue. Thanks.