Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] How to deactivate 'Categories' and 'Archives' widgets from left-hand column

Old Sep 5, 2010, 09:42 AM
mel

2 posts · Sep 2010
[SOLVED] How to deactivate 'Categories' and 'Archives' widgets from left-hand column

Hi there,

I would like to deactivate the 'Categories' and 'Archives' widgets - basically so that these words are not listed in the left-hand column of my site (http://www.koruso.org.uk/) - but I'm finding it tricky to work out how to do this...

I've tried deactivating the widgets using Appearance > Widgets and then moving the available widgets etc. I also used the 'Inactive widgets' box to try to deactivate these - but to no avail...

I'm running Atahualpa 3.4.4.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks, Mel
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:55 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you want no sidebar just turn the left sidebar off in ATO>Style & configure sidebars.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:42 AM
mel

2 posts · Sep 2010
Hello lmilesw,

Many thanks - now I understand!
I've switched off the 'left sidebar' (which contains the categories and archives widgets) and have switched on the inner left sidebar to keep the integrity of the page design.

Thanks for your help on this. It's all sorted now.

Regards,
Mel