Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Unknow Google Ads

Old Dec 7, 2009, 01:51 PM
papabeargrowls

6 posts · Jul 2009
I have just notice that on each page of my blog "http://papabeargrowls.com/", in the middle column, three "Ads by Google" have started to appear. I don't recall doing anything that would cause them to suddenly start appearing. I don't see any html code in the actual post or page contents, so I'm not sure where the source is located. Any idea what is causing this, how this could have happened & more importantly how can I get rid of them? Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 01:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do you have an 'adsense now' plugin? the generated code shows the google ads wrapped in references to it
/* 234x60, AdSenseNow created 3/1/09 */
Old Dec 7, 2009, 02:44 PM
papabeargrowls

6 posts · Jul 2009
Yep, that's it. I had activated the "adsense now" plugin on 3/1/09, but could not get it to display.
Instead I inserted adsense in the side columns using a text widget.

Now, for some unknown reason, the "adsense now" plugin has started displaying . . . that's wild!.
Thanks for your help.