Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Isolate WP Supersized flexible slideshow from other body components.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 13, 2014, 10:57 AM
colinruggiero

23 posts · Feb 2012
Isolate WP Supersized flexible slideshow from other body components.

Hi BFA forum,

I love this forum and use it all the time though I rarely post because I almost always find what I need and have no business giving anyone advice myself.

I'm not sure where to post this question but I'm using a plugin called WP Supersized to get a flexible, full-page slideshow on my homepage (www.colinruggiero.com). However, the settings for the plugin don't seem to allow it to be confined to a certain area (header, body, widget area, etc.) in the layout and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to create a separate area at the bottom of the slideshow where I can put some text and social media links. When the browser page is re-sized in certain ways, the slideshow expands and overlaps my content at the bottom. Is there any easy way someone can think of to confine that slideshow to an area so that I can have some free space below it? I'd like something similar to this: http://www.hiltonhyland.com

This would also be great but seems more complicated with the multiple components scrolling at variable speeds: http://www.stuckincustoms.com

Is there maybe some CSS I can use to modify the container that the slideshow loads in? I've tried to figure out what the selector would be but don't have enough knowledge to figure out the best way to go about this. Hope I'm not omitting some important info. I'm running the latest WP and Atahualpa 3.7.12.

Thanks very much!