Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Styling or even removing title from single excerpt

Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:25 PM
kdawes01

102 posts · May 2009
Missoula, MT
[SOLVED] Styling or even removing title from single excerpt

Hi,
It is probably sitting in front of my face, but is there a way to style or even remove the title and/or the "Read more" from a particular post?

I have Firebugged it to death but I haven't been able to come up with something that works..

If it makes a difference (just thought of this) it is on a Juggledad's Custom Query template page pulling in a particular category.

Here's the url http://be-light.com/ascended/services and it's the third excerpt down... Basically, I'm just using a post as a quote in between the other items.

What's my "Doh"???

Thanks!
Ken
Old Jul 29, 2011, 05:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try
HTML Code:
div#post-216 .post-headline {display:none;}
and
HTML Code:
div#post-216 p a span.ascended-green-text {display:none;}
Old Jul 30, 2011, 01:35 PM
kdawes01

102 posts · May 2009
Missoula, MT
Hi Juggledad,

I would have thought those to work as well!

I tried them both again (also with !important) just to make sure... No go!

If I go into Firebug edit mode I can manually put in the display:none; and that works fine. Just haven't been able to figure out what's overriding what I'm trying to do in the HTML/CSS Inserts.

'Tis a puzzlement!

Ken
Old Jul 30, 2011, 05:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You have an error in your CSS inserts. Look at the line begining 'iframe#fc41f18529830a'. There is no closing '}' which messes up things after it
Old Jul 31, 2011, 03:45 PM
kdawes01

102 posts · May 2009
Missoula, MT
Doh!!

Of course I looked under all of the wrong rocks! Thanks for taking the time to find the problem!
I have sent you a donation...

:-))
Ken