Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Trying to understand Search Box configuration

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:20 AM
tbaxter

92 posts · May 2012
Germantown, MD
Trying to understand Search Box configuration

After an hour of bouncing around the forum and trying various solutions to get the Search Box to both appear and appear where I wanted it, I have to say that while I've gotten it where I want it, I have NO idea how all this works.

Page in question: http://www.todddawsondesign.com/test/matia/
ATA: 3.7.9
WP: 3.4.2

It seemed like when I had the Search Box without Absolute Positioning, it didn't show up-it seemed the header image/logo was blocking it. Are they in the same div? On the same level? Does one block the other? How would I get the box to show on top of the logo? I did delete the RSS and social feeds (a choice of this showing or not would be a nice addition to future iterations).