Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Sidebars Not Showing Up - Subfolder in Atahualpa Folder

Old Nov 5, 2010, 10:30 PM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Using WP 3.01 and Atahualpa 3.5.3. Right sidebar widgets have been set.

I have a subfolder (/test) in the Atahualpa folder, where I placed a modified version of index.php. If I try to access the /test folder in my browser, I am unable to see the sidebars. Here is the call to get the header information in the /test index.php file:

Code:
<?php 	/* get all options: */
# error_reporting(-1);
include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_get_options.php');
global $bfa_ata;

$left_col ="off";
$left_col2 = "off";
$right_col2 = "on";
$right_col = "on";

get_header(); ?>
What am I missing? Is there something special since the code is in a subfolder?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 05:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
how are you addressing the test/index.php, something like
HTML Code:
mydomain.com/wordpress/wp-contint/themes/atahualpa353/test/index.php ??
do you have the sidebars turned on in the theme options?

why are you doing this?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:22 PM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Hi Juggledad,

Yes, I am accessing via

Code:
mydomain.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/test/index.php
Yes, I have sidebars turned on for all pages in the theme.

The reason I am doing this is to debug why sidebars do not appear for Buddypress. I am using BuddyPress 1.2.6, and BuddyPress Template Pack 1.0.2. There are several threads on this forum about this issue, but there is no solution:

- http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7589
- http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7850
- http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=10407

The Buddypress templates files are in a subfolder of Atahualpa;I have edited the buddypress Template files in the Atahualpa theme folder by replacing

Code:
<?php get_header(); ?>
with the ATA version:

Code:
<?php /* get all options: */
include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_get_options.php');
get_header(); ?>
But, sidebars do not show up. I think the reason behind this issue is that sidebars have an issue with sub-folders like mydomain.com/members/USERNAME or mydomain.com/activity/ , I am guessing Atahualpa needs to know to display sidebars in these sub-pages?

Do you have any ideas or suggestions I should try?

Thank you,

SupraTT

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 12, 2010 at 05:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:56 PM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Hi Flynn,

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

SupraTT
Old Nov 12, 2010, 05:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
are you getting anything when you use ../test/index.php? in my tests I get nothing, so I want to know if you get something.

In my case TEMPLATEPATH is not set (add '<?php echo TEMPLATEPATH; ?>' as the first line to see what shows.)
Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
duhhhh, coffee hadn't kicked in.
you can't run the index.php directly by doing the 'mydomain.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/test/index.php' because nothing has been set up.

The themes index.php gets called AFTER the wordpress index.php is run.

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 12, 2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:06 PM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Quote:
The themes index.php gets called AFTER the wordpress index.php is run.
Thanks Juggledad for that piece of information. I am still trying to figure this out, but not getting anywhere. I'll keep trying.