Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] How do I put an image to Home button?

Old Oct 21, 2010, 04:25 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
Hi, Im trying to connect the Home button to a unique background image. How is it done?

This is the code gave up on

/*HOME/////////////////////*/

div#menu1 li.page_home a:link,
div#menu1 li.page_home a:visited,
div#menu1 li.page_home a:active,
div#menu1 li.page_home a:hover {
background: url(http://www.minfo.xxxx) no-repeat top left;
}

Many thanks
TC
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:23 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You have to determine the selector for the home button first. I use Firebug in Firefox for much of that. In the case of one of my site the code that worked was the following but the item number in your case will most likely be different. If you want hovering etc. you will need to add that CSS as well.
HTML Code:
#menu-item-249 a {background:url(http://path_to_image.jpg);}
Old Oct 23, 2010, 05:26 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
Thank you, Firebug is a great visual tool.

Though it seems like the id of the home page button doesn't show, not where I'm looking at least!

TC

Last edited by tixcoca; Oct 23, 2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 05:04 PM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
...ok, after some digging in other forums it seems like the home page doesn't have an ID, cause it's a index page. For me it doesn't make any sense. Is there any way to define the home page for a background image on the Home button?

Appreciate all the help I can get.

TC

Last edited by tixcoca; Oct 23, 2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 05:20 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
Here's the link to the page, hope it helps.

http://www.minfo.se/wordpress

Thanks
TC
Old Oct 24, 2010, 08:14 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What I would do in your situation if you are using Atahualpa 3.5.3 and WordPress 3.0.1 is to use the WordPress Menu builder. You can assign a CSS class to any button. If you don't see that choice on the menu items click on Screen Option in the top left of the menu page and you can turn that option on. Now you should be able to use that CSS selector for styling the home button.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 04:08 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
Thank you, that did it. It works perfect!

TC