Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » FAQ - Atahualpa » Header »

How to: save your LOGO/FAVICON images over an upgrades

Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How to: save your LOGO/FAVICON images over an upgrades

Note: this has been replaced by a theme option in version 3.7.12 and some sites will encounter an error if 'modsec' is installed at there host. The option in the new version avoids this

Here is a neat little trick so you don't have to reupload your LOGO of FAVICON after doing an upgrade. The problem is that the images are stored in the ataualpa/images folder and that gets wiped out during an upgrade and your images are removed. So what do you do?

1) Create a new folder in your wp-contents folder called 'ata-images' and put your logo and favicon there.
2) go to ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Logo Image? and enter:
HTML Code:
../../../ata-images/your-logo.gif
3) go to ato->Add a FAVICON->Favicon and enter:
HTML Code:
../../../../ata-images/your-favicon.ico
you are done. You won't lose your logo image or favicon during the next upgrade. Oh, be sure to use the names of your logo and favicon.

How does it work?
The logo image is normally in the wp-content/atahualpa/images folder so the path to the image would be:
HTML Code:
mydomain.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/mylogo.jpg
but when you add a '../' to a path name, you bump up one level so
HTML Code:
mydomain.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/../mylogo.jpg
becomes
HTML Code:
mydomain.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/mylogo.jpg
and
HTML Code:
mydomain.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/../../mylogo.jpg
becomes
HTML Code:
mydomain.com/wp-content/themes/mylogo.jpg
and
HTML Code:
mydomain.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/../../../ata-images/mylogo.jpg
becomes
HTML Code:
mydomain.com/wp-content/ata-images/mylogo.jpg

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 19, 2013 at 03:51 PM.