Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Having trouble styling pages - keeping consistency with the main page

Old Jul 13, 2010, 01:12 PM
Volfan996

7 posts · Jul 2010
I am having trouble styling the pages on my site. I am not very advanced with coding, but I generally know my way around website creation.

Anyway, I have the main background image here Body style
PHP Code:
backgroundurl(wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/background-blue.gifrepeat top left
Then I have this in Post Container
PHP Code:
backgroundurl(wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/footer.gifrepeat top left
My question is, I want to keep this layout on my pages. I would like to have the background the same but still have the second image as the background where all of my text is.

I having been looking through the main css.php stylesheet but I don't want to edit anything in fear of messing up my site.

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 01:20 PM
Volfan996

7 posts · Jul 2010
I also have this under Layout Container Style

PHP Code:
padding20px/*This effectively only affects top/bottom padding */
backgroundurl(wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/footer.gifrepeat top left;

box-shadow0 0 15px #333;
-moz-box-shadow0 0 15px #333;
/* uncomment next block for round corners */
/*
-moz-border-radius:10px;
-khtml-border-radius: 10px;
-webkit-border-radius:10px;
border-radius: 10px;
*/ 
Old Jul 13, 2010, 02:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
First... DON'T do anything with the css.php file. All of the settings you need to do are in the Atahualpa Options. With that said could you post a URL to show what you are talking about.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 03:07 PM
Volfan996

7 posts · Jul 2010
http://utkrepublicans.com/

As you can see, on the main page the background and everything is working. However when you click on any of the "pages", the formatting is gone.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 03:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Instead of putting a background in the post container try putting the black background in the center column style.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 03:53 PM
Volfan996

7 posts · Jul 2010
Nope, that didn't do anything.

I mean, there has to be some easy way to have it where all of your pages are in the same format. Isn't that the entire point of CSS?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 04:01 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It looks like you have some conflicting CSS somewhere. If you export your settings file and send it to me I will take a look.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:09 AM
Volfan996

7 posts · Jul 2010
Just solved the problem

I decided to use

PHP Code:
background: url('<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/images/background-blue.gif')repeat top left;
instead of

PHP Code:
backgroundurl(wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/background-blue.gifrepeat top left
Cheers!
Old Jul 20, 2010, 07:00 AM
True

11 posts · Jul 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
I had a similar problem.

What happened was a by mistake reset the theme options for just the 'body,texts and links' option page.

Then the normal background code wouldnt work for some reason? (CSS mistake issue when resetting??)

Thankfully, the php solution works so I'm happy