Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Creating hierarchical menus

Old Jan 30, 2009, 04:12 AM
Eric Bobrow

70 posts · Jan 2009
Creating hierarchical menus

I have set up some of the pages on my wife's site as sub-pages, so they show up underneath the parent page in the Page menu at the top above the header. This was easy.

I'd like to create something more like a traditional hierarchical menu, in which the menu title is not a page, but a heading that is not clickable - it is hovered over and used to popup the sub-items in that menu.

For example, my wife teaches and I'd like to have a menu title called Classes, and several individual class Pages. I don't want to have to create a "dummy" page called Classes to do this (which would work, but would be confusing), I simply want all the individual class Pages to be listed under the Classes heading.

Is this possible?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 04:45 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Understood, and technically it could be programmed of course, but the theme is not prepared to do that and WordPress neither to the best of my knowledge. There might be a plugin that can do this http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/