Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Different BG-Color for different Categories??

Old Dec 13, 2009, 02:01 PM
hdwolle

19 posts · Sep 2009
Hello together,

I hope you have great christmas time?

I have a very difficult question.

It is possible to give each category an other background color?

I hope that someone can help me.

Best Wishes,

Markus
Old Dec 13, 2009, 05:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
where do you want to change the color? in the menu, the backgrond of a post of that category, on a category page?
Old Dec 13, 2009, 07:32 PM
hdwolle

19 posts · Sep 2009
I want to change it on the "summary" site of all posts.

So that the visitors see with each background-color in which category the post is.

And also I want to make the navigation for the categories in the same colors (as a legend).
Old Dec 14, 2009, 06:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what if a post is in mutiple categories?
and by 'summaries' do you mean the 'excerpts'? ie say you have one full post on the home page and 5 excerpts, you want the excerpts to be colored based on the category?

background or just the text color or both?

can you point out what you want on your site? detailed example

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 14, 2009 at 06:54 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 07:16 AM
hdwolle

19 posts · Sep 2009
I will show it with a little grafic example and I hope it's good to understand.

The image shows the frontpage with all actual posts and each post should have another background color.

And on the left sidebar the navigation have to be in the same color as the post backgrounds.

I hope it is clear enough.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 07:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
all you need to do is use css inserts (ATO->Add HMTL/CSS Inserts->CSS Insert) like this
HTML Code:
div.category-red-wine {background: #red;}
div.category-books {background: #blue;}
div.category-white-wine {background: #yellow;}
the name will be 'category-' plus teh category slug (dashboard->Posts->Categories)
the last insert will take prescidence, so if you had a post with the category 'books' and 'white wine' then it would be YELLOW. If you had the CSS in this order
HTML Code:
div.category-red-wine {background: #red;}
div.category-white-wine {background: #yellow;}
div.category-books {background: #blue;}
then the post would be BLUE
Old Dec 14, 2009, 08:16 AM
hdwolle

19 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks. I will try it.

And I can try to modify it like I want e.g. round corners and so on.

I will post it here when I'm ready with the changes.