Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Blank Page (not Suhosin!)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 2, 2011, 02:19 PM
Clippership

3 posts · Mar 2011
[SOLVED] Blank Page (not Suhosin!)

I am managing five separate Wordpress instances, and two of them are giving me the dreaded Blank Page when I try to upgrade. Here are the facts:
  1. Art Building Children's Dreams was first installed April 2010. It is now at Wordpress 3.1 and Atahualpa 3.5.3. I was able to bump it up from 3.4.9 to 3.5.3, but now have reached a ceiling; any upgrade beyond that gets the blank page.
  2. Mindcamp was first installed June 2010. It is now at Wordpress 3.1 and Atahualpa 3.4.6. When I try to bump it up (either to 3.4.9 or to 3.6.4 or anything between) I get the blank page.
  3. Unfettered Mind was first installed June 2010. It is now at Wordpress 3.1 and I just upgraded from Atahualpa 3.4.9 to 3.6.4 without difficulty
  4. Art Building Children's Dreams (Australia) was first installed June 2010. It is housed on a completely different host. It is now at Wordpress 3.1 and I just upgraded without trouble from 3.4.9 to 3.6.4
  5. FWB is the newest. It was installed last month. It is now at Wordpress 3.1 was installed with Atahualpa 3.6.4

#'s 1, 2, 3, and 5 are housed on one host. #4 (ABCD Australia) is housed on a different host (the "business hosting" level). One would expect that the troublesome sites would be the ones on the same server, but they are not! It is #1 and #2 that are giving us trouble. The other three are not. I can see no consistent element in these two that is missing from the other three; nor can I see anything missing from these two that is present in the other three. I would love a clue.

I read the Suhosin thread with interest and systematically tried all the shenanigans suggested there with the php.ini and .htaccess, but no joy. Then it occurred to me to look at fwb.ca, and to my great surprise I discovered that it is already at 3.4.6 and working fine! Since it is on the same host (and directory!) of mindcamp.org, I infer that the issue isn't Suhosin.

I have tried deactivating and removing all plugins, but no joy.

Does anyone have any suggestions?