Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

404 get_header problem (i think)

Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:48 AM
jontrev

5 posts · Sep 2012
404 get_header problem (i think)

Website address http://letstalk.uk.net
Wordpress 3.4.1
Atahualpa 3.5.1

Search for a non-existent item, the error page displays properly as set up in Theme Options
Use the URL for a non-existent page, and there's a mess, and the header doesn't display properly.
Tried a lot of things, including replacing index.php in both root and theme folders.

Tearing my hair out now! Any suggetions, please.

JonTrev
Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When I put a non existant page in I get the same not found page as a bad search.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 01:24 PM
jontrev

5 posts · Sep 2012
Yes, you're right. Sort of. I have a desktop machine running windows 7 64 and a laptop running windows 7 32. both using IE9. Not Found (page, not search) renders correctly on laptop, but not on desktop. I've tried deleting temp files to no avail. So I'm guessing it's not an inherent WP/Atahaulpa problem, and I'll need to keep fiddling elswhere. Thanks for the input, anyway, prompted me to try another machine.

cheers

Jontrev
Old Sep 9, 2012, 02:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try another browser too
Old Sep 9, 2012, 05:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try clearing your browser cache. It also looks like you are using a custom 404 page. You might try renaming that (to disable it) as a test.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:38 AM
jontrev

5 posts · Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Try clearing your browser cache. It also looks like you are using a custom 404 page. You might try renaming that (to disable it) as a test.
Nope, I tried a 404 but I've disabled it, and am just using the settings in ATO for "Not Found".

I've cleared cache several times. It continues to render differently on my laptop and desktop, so I'll carry on playing with it, and trying different browsers. Looks like most users get the correct experience, which is a relief.

Thanks for the suggestions and help.

JonTrev