Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Reset Settings doesn't have confirmation dialog?! Ouch

Old Jul 7, 2010, 05:00 PM
qda

10 posts · Dec 2009
I just accidentally hit "Reset Settings" at the bottom of an Atahualpa Theme Options page, because my arm slipped and the mouse clicked it.. And lo and behold, all the settings were reset, not even to the atahualpa version defaults, but to some other defaults.. And it didn't prompt me!

I thinks it's pretty important to implement a confirmation dialog for this button.. I'm lucky I only lost a few settings, but imagine if this had happened on my CSS page with hundreds of lines of code..

EDIT: in the meantime, I set the css of that button to display:none, so that it's completely gone from the admin screens

Last edited by qda; Jul 7, 2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 05:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
moral of teh story: backup, backup, backup - check out the wp-dbmanager plugin
Old Jul 7, 2010, 06:00 PM
qda

10 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
moral of teh story: backup, backup, backup
I am a FIRM believer in backing up, but I am not going to back up my database every 20 minutes, and a confirmation dialog is really not a bad idea to prevent the loss of any amount of work. I also believe that most Atahualpa users are not going to back up their database very often, further making such a dialog a good idea (in my opinion).

Thanks for the reply
Old Jul 7, 2010, 06:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This is a good idea and I've added it to the to do for 3.5.2 (see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7973)

With the new export/import option, I would encourage you to export the theme style on a regular basis.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 09:03 PM
qda

10 posts · Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
This is a good idea and I've added it to the to do for 3.5.2 (see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7973)

With the new export/import option, I would encourage you to export the theme style on a regular basis.
Thank you Juggledad, great developer responsiveness!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 03:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm not the developer, Flynn is. I'm just a user who Flynn asked to become a forum moderator

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 11, 2010 at 07:13 AM.