Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

I couldn't figure out what is wrong

Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:44 AM
barangist

3 posts · Jun 2010
Attachment 560

Hi Everyone,

I been struggling and reading from internet for 2 weeks in silence, about putting my blog design right. I given up and decided to seek up from the experts here.

I have attached a pic of my site. Apparently, I cannot get the background picture to "fit" exactly or center-aligned it to (What you guys see on the screen is only 2/3 of it.). How do I get picture-perfected with this one.

Secondly,there are lotsa of "space" on the Right hand side of the screen as you can see in the picture. How do I shift the right space or edit them so that readers dun have to us the horizontal scroll.

www.barangworks.com

Thanks,
Barang King

Last edited by barangist; Jun 26, 2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to ATO->Style & configure LAYOUT and set 'Layout WIDTH and type (FLUID or FIXED)' to the width of the center black area and set 'Layout Container Style' to 'padding: 238px 49px 0 102px;'. You will have to play with this numbers. They are TOP, RIGHT, BOTTOM and LEFT in that ordeer.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 07:51 AM
barangist

3 posts · Jun 2010
Attachment 562

Sorry for my poor English.

Thanks Juggledad for your advise. I tried using ya recommendation but the results was futile.

The Header is more messy. I have included a picture of what I really wanted. I think Flynn did help someone to solve this before ? Did he ?

Juggledad, please advise me again.

Thank You

Last edited by barangist; Jun 26, 2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:17 AM
barangist

3 posts · Jun 2010
Click image for larger version

Name:	Help.JPG
Views:	1166
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	569

Hi Everyone,

I managed to archieve what I want by removing the RSS width to 0.

Now I need to know how reduced the height of the searchbox widget as per my attachment and changing the thickness of the line separator and colour as well.

Secondly is to remove the Home and About title from the header bar with the RSS, Comments and Search Box as indicated in my attachment.

Beer donation coming
Thanks,
Steven
Old Jun 26, 2010, 04:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
FYI - the look of the site in safari has some issues
1) the subscribe box is in the middle of the content area and floats with the changing size of the page
2) if you make the page smaller, the right sidebar ends up over the black
You need to make it a fixed widh site at ATO->Style & configure LAYOUT

To remove a page from the menu bar go to ATO->Page Menu Bar and add the page ID to the exclusion list.
to style teh post area, look at the settings at Style POSTS & PAGES