Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] CSS Selector toChange Body Background Image on all Single Posts in a certain

Old Apr 25, 2014, 07:12 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
[SOLVED] CSS Selector toChange Body Background Image on all Single Posts in a certain

What CSS selector will work to change the body background image for all single posts in a certain category, using Wordpress 3.9 and Atahualpa 3.7.15?

The CSS solution provided in this thread: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=20610

worked fine with Wordpress 3.5.2 and Atahualpa 3.7.12. Where the category name was "instructional videos," the following CSS code worked perfectly in those older versions of Wordpress & Atahualpa:

Code:
body.single.instructional-videos {
background-image: url("http://xxxx.jpg");
}
However, this does not work now with the newer versions of WP and Atahualpa referenced above.

After viewing the page source, I also tried:

Code:
body.single.category-instructional-videos {
background-image: url("http://xxxx.jpg");
}
But this also does not work.

"div.category-instructional videos" does work as a selector to change the background image of the post itself, but not the full body background.

Can't seem to find the correct CSS selector now to do what body.single.[category-name] did perfectly in the older versions of WP and Atahualpa referenced above.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by New WordPress Fan; Apr 25, 2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 09:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The way to figure that out is to use a tool like the Firebug addon for Firefox.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 11:44 AM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you, but I haven't yet learned to use Firebug. Will try to learn when I have a chance.

I was hoping that maybe someone may already have figured out what css selector will style the body background for all single posts in a certain category in Atahualpa 3.7.15 with Wordpress 3.9. I would think that this would not be site-specific; there should be a "generic" css selector for this that would work on all sites using these latest versions of Atahualpa and Wordpress. Yes?

The code I quoted above did work with the earlier versions of Atahualpa and WP mentioned above, but not now.

Would really appreciate help in this -- which may help others too!

Many thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is the URL of your site? Point to a single post page

Did you add the code you found in that other post back into the functions.php?

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 27, 2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:08 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Hi Juggledad, Thank you for your reply. I just sent you a PM with the URL.

I added in ATO > CSS Inserts (not in the functions php) the CSS code that you helped me find for this purpose before - in the prior discussion thread (in July of 2013). That CSS code (placed in CSS Inserts) worked before - in the older versions of WP and Atahualpa mentioned above - but no longer works with the current versions of WP and Atahualpa.

Many thanks for your help!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 02:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The CSS won't work without the code added to function.php