Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Atahualpa 3.6.7 Post Titles repeat repeat repeat

Old Jul 17, 2011, 08:06 AM
LGL

15 posts · Feb 2011
I previous versions of Atahualpa, I was able to manage those repeating titles on Posts with the use of the options just below the post. HOWEVER this version, seems to have a mind of it's own. I have turned off and even reset all the features that I thought might cause this problem, all to no avail. I finally "jerry-rigged" it by putting half of the title in the Post Title Box (Header) and the other half in the "Body Title Multi Post Pages" box.
"Check to NOT display the Body Title on Single Post or Static Pages" is UNchecked, however I get the same result with it checked OR unchecked.
I have another website with v. 3.6.4 and the titles and options work just as expected there. How can I correct this in this version 3.6.7?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do you have all PATCH's for your version applied? (they can be found in the 'New Version & Updates' forum and sub forum)
--if not, apply them before we go any further and re-test

It looks like you don't have the 3.6.7 PATCHES applied Here are the links.
  • PATCH 367-01: Odd effects when 'CSS: Compress' = 'Yes'
  • PATCH 367-02 is incorporated in BUGFIX 367-04
  • PATCH 367-03: PHP errors when adding widget areas in index.php
  • PATCH 367-04: Hovering over a Post/Page title only shows "Permanent Link to"
  • PATCH 367-05: Site Title appended after the 'WordPress SEO by Yoast' title
Old Sep 4, 2011, 09:53 PM
wp_mapes

2 posts · Feb 2011
Dallas, TX, USA
I am having the same problem with the repetition of post titles. Being a WP Newbie, I was guessing that it was something that I was doing wrong. And then I found your post about the 3.6.7 patches. Is there a way to tell if I have the latest patches? I just downloaded the theme this evening, but it looks like it does not have the latest patches. I am using WP 3.2.1. And, strangely, the title only repeats on the posts that I created after I set the "Use Post/Page Options" to "Yes". All of this happened before I downloaded the 'SEO by Yoast' plugin, which I now have activated. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 10:56 PM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
Rob,

I would add all of the bug fixes (except 2 has been rolled into 4). That should fix the problem.

Sleenie
Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:26 PM
wp_mapes

2 posts · Feb 2011
Dallas, TX, USA
Thank you Juggledad and Sleenie. I applied all of the patches and now everything works. I appreciate your help.