Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Admin Links Widget & the_ID() not playing well under 3.5.3 left sidebar

Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:23 AM
Tyran

8 posts · Sep 2010
I use the Admin Links Widget on all my sites. I have discovered, however that it does not function properly in the left sidebar. The function the_id() is not working in the left sidebar (inner and outer bars).

Any ideas on why that function works only in the right sidebars? I'll start digging through the code today and see if I can determine why.

This is only happening with the Atahualpa theme, I'm using 3.5.3.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 07:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
adding the META widget to the left sidebar works fine for me. Try disabling all your plugins and see if there is a conflict

What version of WP?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 09:05 AM
Tyran

8 posts · Sep 2010
I already tested it on a virgin install. No joy with Atahualpa unless I put it in the right sidebar. WP 3.0.1.

The Meta widget works fine but it doesn't have an edit this page option, which is what is not working in the Admin Links Widget, so the Meta widget working doesn't actually help either way.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well I just tested in with WP 3.0.1, Atahualpa 3.5.3 and it works fine in either the right or left sidebar
What version of the plugin do you have, I used version 1.4.0
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:22 PM
Tyran

8 posts · Sep 2010
Same setup; so, it's likely something odd on my end. I'll dig around some more and see what I can find.