Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Flash in place of rotating images in header

Old Feb 1, 2009, 04:19 PM
frankrizzo5150

1 posts · Feb 2009
Has anyone done this? Is there a way of doing this without re inventing the wheel? Thanks in advance.

Brad
Old Feb 1, 2009, 05:22 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The easiest way would be to include it either below or above the whole default header section that you can configure at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Header. To do that put the code required for the flash before or after

PHP Code:
<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata_configure_header); ?>
in header.php
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:11 PM
endeavourz

15 posts · Feb 2009
This post was very helpful.

I want to use the image rotator on the inner pages but not on the home page. Do you know how I can keep %image from showing on my home page?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:21 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Only on the homepage? To remove it altogether (from all pages) you can remove %image from A. Theme Options -> Header

To remove it just from the homepage would require hacking bfa_header_config.php, do you want to do that? You would have to re-apply the changes to each theme update that you install
Old Feb 15, 2009, 08:45 PM
endeavourz

15 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn! Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I think I need to do this for this particular project. Can you instruct me? The page I am working on is here: http://endeavourz.net

Do you think this could be an option in future releases?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:57 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
To remove the header image(s) from only the homepage, change (should be) line 158 in functions/bfa_header_config.php from

PHP Code:
if (strpos($header_items,'%image')!==false) { 
to

PHP Code:
if (strpos($header_items,'%image')!==false AND !is_home()) { 
If you have a static page as the homepage (you don't appear to, but others might) use this instead
PHP Code:
if (strpos($header_items,'%image')!==false AND !is_front_page()) { 
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:21 AM
endeavourz

15 posts · Feb 2009
Excellent fix Flynn! Thanks again. You made my day.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 12:04 PM
timsimpson

1 posts · Feb 2009
Flynn. Nice fix. Out of interest would I be able to remove the header image from other selected pages in a similar way? By listing page ID numbers or similar. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm afraid I'm a kind of brave idiot when it comes to php. Thanks, Tim