Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Placing ads in sidebars

Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:13 PM
Withnail

14 posts · Dec 2009
Guys,

I need to know how to create a new widget or place my BlogAds code in between existing widgets. Can you tell me how to do that or point me in the right direction to a post that explains that? I saw this page: http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Tomh...s_to_Wordpress
but that talks about a sidebar.php and from what I can see, you've merged sidebar.php into header and footer, no?

Thanks!

Mark
Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you are going to create a widget, tehn you should go read the material at wordpress.org about doing that.

You can add a widget to teh sidebar by going to dashboard->appearances->widgets and dragging a widget to the sidebar you want it to display in.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:23 PM
Withnail

14 posts · Dec 2009
I know how to add existing widgets to sidebars but I don't know what the easiest way is of getting my ad code into the sidebar where I want it. Is it creating a widget or editing a specific .php file?

Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Not knowing what your code is makes it hard t tell you. If it is just HTML, stick it in a text wdget. If it is PHP, stick it in a text widget and get the exec-php plugin

I haven't run into anyone who has had to code their own widget for ad's.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:37 PM
Withnail

14 posts · Dec 2009
Ah! Hadn't seen the Text widget. It's like an all-purpost blank slate, no? Can I use Javascript in one?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Don't know about javascript, best to check at wordpress.org since it is one of the default wordpress widgets.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 03:10 PM
Withnail

14 posts · Dec 2009
Thanks! It seems to be working. Just by pasting the script into the Text widget.