Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] How to get image in menu, but color in submenu's

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 12, 2009, 09:37 PM
willsy

6 posts · Sep 2009
[SOLVED] How to get image in menu, but color in submenu's

Go to this URL http://sarahsinkspot.com/blog/

You will see I have 3 buttons along the top, the middle one (with child menus) has no gradient

What I want is:
  • All buttons along the top with the same gradient
  • All text color should be #663300, except the active and hover which I want as #FFFFFF
  • For the drop down (child) menu, I want the background to be #AAC95F (no background image, just the color)
  • For the drop down (child) menu, I want the same text colors, #663300 as the normally displaying font color and #FFFFFF as the active and hover
  • When you click on a child menu top level item, or child item, I want everything to stay the same as above.

Make sense ?

I have been struggling with this for 2 nights, even with this forum and firebug, and I need to move on :-)

Please don't PM me, please respond here, so others can benefit from your wisdom :-) First person who gets this working as I need gets the $20.

Mods: If I am breaking a forum protocol here, please let me know. I am getting frustrated here, so I would like a quick resolution, thought this might be the quickest way :-)

Other information: Here is my current CSS inserts:
Code:
/* Remove background from menu bar */
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
background: none;
} 

/* Create spacing between menu buttons */
ul.rMenu-hor li {
margin-right: 10px;
}

ul.rMenu li a {
background-image: url(wp-content/uploads/2009/09/gradient.jpg) !important;