Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Images and Captions produce Text Wrap issue in Internet Explorer only

Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:09 AM
strongandfree

11 posts · Jan 2010
Toronto
[SOLVED] Images and Captions produce Text Wrap issue in Internet Explorer only

Hello. I have recently experimented with some caption options and I have an issue with the way text wraps in my post, but so far it only plagues Internet Explorer.

In my blog posts I have the photos set to insert at 640 px wide - the width of the center area. Somehow it seems the captions do not fill the entire width - they stop short by about 20 px at the right. That is one issue. The second issue is that in IE the text wraps strangely at right, on top of the photo. See screenshot attached.

I believe that if I got the caption box behaving correctly and occupying 640px that this might solve my issue - but in the settings I'm not sure I can specify caption width (assumed it was automatic).

this is the live site:
http://iam.strongandfree.ca/blog/tra...-in-costa-rica

Thanks for any help.
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	caption_image_in_post_issue.jpg
Views:	1501
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	2085  
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:07 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Your caption is set to maximum width of 96% which allows for the word wrap.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:14 AM
strongandfree

11 posts · Jan 2010
Toronto
thanks for your reply - where do I edit that?
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:36 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm not sure. I just looked at the source code and noticed that. And since you mentioned you were playing with captions I figured it might have been something you did. Bottom line is captions should go to the full width of the image unless some of the code gets "messed up".
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:11 PM
strongandfree

11 posts · Jan 2010
Toronto
SOLVED

by 1. looking at the code for the css instruction and 2. deciding to try to add corrective CSS insert:

.wp-caption{max-width:640px;}

By the way - I was playing in the simplest sense and NEVER decided to make anything 96% of the width - that was just in there by default I think.