Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] How to create spacing between page menu bar, side bar, and footer?

Old Nov 27, 2009, 07:24 PM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ssoszka
I've finally been able to create rounded sections for the side bar and footer, but it would look a lot better with some padding between them. How does one do this?

Thanks,
Shawn
Old Nov 28, 2009, 04:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use the CSS option 'padding' in the styling of the sidebars
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:04 PM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Ok. could you give me an example? I assume that I would place the coding in HMTL/CSS Insert area? Or is there padding command I should use somewhere else?

Thanks for your help!

-Shawn
Old Nov 29, 2009, 04:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you are looking for an effect like this: http://callofthemuse.com
at ATO->Style & configure SIDEBARS->RIGHT sidebar style you would put
HTML Code:
border-left: dashed 0px #CCCCCC;
padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
background: #;
this gets rid of the border, puts a 10px padding on each side of the sidebar and makes the background of the sidebar transparent so the page background shows thru. On the example page, the widget containers are also styled with
HTML Code:
margin: 0 0 15px 0;
border: solid 2px #000000;
padding: 0 5px 10px 5px;
background: #DED3BE;
-moz-border-radius: 15px;
-khtml-border-radius: 15px;
-webkit-border-radius: 15px;
border-radius: 15px;
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:39 AM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Thanks, it seems like the "margin" command helped with my formatting goals the most.