Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

How to make Rotating Posts plugin look better

Old Mar 10, 2011, 05:11 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
How to make Rotating Posts plugin look better

On www.lactivist.net I have the rotating posts plugin doing what I want it to do and in the right place but it looks terrible.

Please can anyone help me with getting it so that it does not overlap at the bottom all the time - If I change the style of the title and content etc it just defaults to the style I am using overall.
Huge thanks!

Lisa

Last edited by moomum; Mar 10, 2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 05:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You seem to have a lot of plugins. My suggestion is to deactivate them all but the rotating posts plugin and see what it looks like
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:55 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Does that plugin have any configuration of its own? Have you tried using the #rp_frame selector and playing with settings? An example is below where I added some padding and increased the height.
HTML Code:
div#rp_frame {
    border: 1px solid #C35817;
    height: 170px;
    margin: 5px 0 0;
    padding: 5px;
}
You can also limit your excerpt length so that too much text doesn't throw things off.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 03:19 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Thank you, the whole site is very slow so I have deleted some unused plugins and deactivated some but I need to keep the rotating ads there in the hope of making some money!
I haven't tried the frame thing yet, I'll try later, thank you!