Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] How to control display of search results?

Old Mar 2, 2009, 05:26 AM
upscho

30 posts · Feb 2009
How can I control the appearance of search results? For example I don't want to see any comment possibilities. Or just the title of the posting.

Do I have to use my own template file for the search results?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
upscho
Old Mar 2, 2009, 01:53 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You could copy index.php as search.php and delete all the sections starting with

<?php
// Next/Previous POST Links (on single post pages)
// in next_post_link "next" means newer posts

<div class="post<?php
// new WP 2.7 "sticky" class only on real blog homepage

<?php // Post Kicker

<?php // Post Byline

<!-- Post Body Copy -->

<?php // Post Pagination

<?php // Show Archives page if configured

<?php // Post Footer

<?php // Next/Previous POST Links (on single post pages)

<?php // Load Comments template (on single post pages, and "Page" pages, if set on options page)

<?php // Next/Previous POST Links (on single post pages)

and do any other edits and upload that single.php
Old Mar 5, 2009, 09:15 PM
upscho

30 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn,

I copied index.php to search.php, deleted only some of the sections that you've listed and got exactly what I wanted.

Thanks a lot,
upscho
Old Oct 14, 2010, 05:36 PM
ewlong

10 posts · May 2010
I have Atahualpa 3.2 and WordPress 3.0.
Where do I find the search.php file?
Thanks,
Ed
Old Oct 14, 2010, 06:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Go back and read post #2 again

p.s. do you realize the theme is now at version 3.5.3 - you should upgrade
Old Oct 14, 2010, 07:55 PM
ewlong

10 posts · May 2010
juggledad -
Thanks.
I probably asked the wrong question.
I have two sites with WP and Atahualpa.
On one site the search box results are formatted nicely (that's the older site, with Atahualpa 3.2).
On the other site, I had a friend working and they've truly messed up the formatting of the search box results.
I wanted to show them the file from the good site, as a way to fix up the messed-up site -- and thought it would be an existing search.php file.
What's the file that manages formatting of search box results?

About upgrading - I've hesitated because in the past it has required me to also upload a bunch of image files. Maybe now it's simpler.

You've been helpful to me before - I will donate, thanks.
Ed
Old Oct 20, 2010, 02:15 PM
ewlong

10 posts · May 2010
Realized what you meant when you said "go back and read post #2 again" (hey, I'm new at this ).
Basically you were saying that Atahualpa doesn't normally have a search.php file.
My helper had created one - and it was causing the problem. Removed it and search results are fine again.
Ed