Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] 1st level parent item menu link issue

Old May 4, 2012, 11:13 AM
rackphoto

19 posts · Jun 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
[SOLVED] 1st level parent item menu link issue

Hi,
I am stumped here. I am using Ata 3.7.6 on WP 3.3.2 seems no matter if I use "yes" or "no" for the "Don't link first level parent items in Page Menu Bar?" the menu still links to the 1st level parent page, tried doing a search for this but haven't seen anything. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks,

ron
Old May 4, 2012, 12:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Works fine for me. Are you using the atahualpa menu or a custom Wordpress menu?

Try disabling all your plugins.
Old May 7, 2012, 01:29 PM
rackphoto

19 posts · Jun 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks for responding so soon, sorry I was out all weekend, anyway, I tried deactivating plug-ins, only had 2 anyway, but that didn't change anything.
I am using the WP menus, not sure what you mean by "custom wp menu"
I included some attachments. In the menu, when I click on the "products" tab, I don't want to "go" anywhere. The other attachments show the settings for the wp menus and the at a menus. Once again, whether I choose yes or no in the at a menu I still link to the "products" page

Thanks,

ron rack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wp-menu.jpg
Views:	1347
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	1857  Click image for larger version

Name:	ata-menu.jpg
Views:	1350
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	1858  Click image for larger version

Name:	menu.jpg
Views:	1344
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	1859  
Old May 7, 2012, 02:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When you create a custom menu, you have to make the top level not link manually. Make the link a #

The theme option applies to the Atahualpa created menus.

Last edited by lmilesw; May 7, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old May 8, 2012, 08:21 AM
rackphoto

19 posts · Jun 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
THanks you, thank you, I finally got it figured out. I made a "custom link" instead of a "page" link and then inserted just # for the url and all is good.