Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Change font size in widgets

Old Nov 27, 2009, 01:10 PM
johnd28

29 posts · Sep 2009
Hi,

How can I change the font size in text widgets in the sidebars? I'm using unordered lists to show links to the other posts on the blog. I can't find it in the regular options.
Thanks,

John
Old Nov 28, 2009, 04:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use a CSS Insert (ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts) with a CSS selector identifying the widget. then you can use the CSS 'font-size' property (do a google search using 'css font size' to find the options)

You will need to look at the source of the generated page to identify the widget - it will look something like this
HTML Code:
<div id="text-2" class="widget widget_text">
	<div class="widget-title">
		<h3>your text title</h3>
	</div>			
	<div class="textwidget">your text is here</div>
	</div>
in this case you could make your selector '#text-2 .textwidget {....}'
Old Nov 28, 2009, 08:27 AM
johnd28

29 posts · Sep 2009
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, but it didn't work for me.

Here is the starting code for one of the widgets: <div id="text-21" class="widget widget_text"><div class="widget-title"><h3>Popular </h3></div> <div class="textwidget">

I then entered a css insert: #text-21. textwidget {font-size:6px;}

Nothing changed. I also tried using the em unit for text size with no result. Does it matter if all the text is in an Unordered list and if so what needs to change in the CSS code?

Thanks,

Jonathan
Old Nov 28, 2009, 08:33 AM
Liston

26 posts · Oct 2009
Scotland
What I did to change the font size in the sidebar - which affected widgets in that side bar was add

font-size: 0.8em;

in the Ata options # Sidebars & Widgets # Style & configure SIDEBARS

Not sure if that helps or not.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 08:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
#text-21. textwidget {font-size:6px;}
you have a typo it should be #text-21 .textwidget {font-size:6px;}
Old Nov 28, 2009, 08:47 AM
johnd28

29 posts · Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
you have a typo it should be #text-21 .textwidget {font-size:6px;}
Thanks. It worked like a charm. Donation on its way.