Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

W3 Total Cache not working in wordpress 3.5.2 and Atahualpa

Old Jun 26, 2013, 03:25 AM
joshuamu

88 posts · Jun 2012
nairobi
W3 Total cache is not working in wordpress 3.5.2 and atahualpa. When i install and configure it, pages do not load or brings an 400 or 500 error. After research i have found that this is a problem facing many webmasters. If there anyone using wordpress and Atahualpa and they are working correctly? How have you done it.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 6, 2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 05:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
After research i have found that this is a problem facing many webmasters
can you point to some of this research?
who is your host?
what is the url?
what version of atahualpa?
have you asked your host about the 500's?
how much memory does your host provide?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 08:38 AM
zingo5

92 posts · Sep 2011
I had to switch one site over to wp-supercache but it wasn't Atahualpa, it was a conflict with another plugin that was needed on the site.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:47 PM
joshuamu

88 posts · Jun 2012
nairobi
I am running the latest version of atahualpa and hosted by hostgator. I talked to them and they specifically identified the problem is with W3 Total Cache. When i uninstalled the plugin, everything normalized and all problems were solved. If you go to the plugin support, many webmasters are having this problem and after intensive researching i have found many webmasters with problems. Even many webmasters have no clue if their sites are experiencing this problems. I have seen several as i research in the net; many sites cannot load. Hope their is a solution and many webmasters using W3 total cache must cross check their pages for errors.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 02:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
are you saying that hostgater has said that the issue is with w3 super cache and Atahualpa?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 02:14 AM
joshuamu

88 posts · Jun 2012
nairobi
The problem is with the plugin. the new release has bugs. Hostgator told me to uninstall the plugin because it is the problem. Atahualpa theme does not have a problem. But am asking are all people running atahualpa new version being affected?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 03:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'll leave this thread open, but you should be asking on the WP forums, not here,

You could download the previous version from WP
Contact the plugin author
or use a different caching plugin
Old Jul 5, 2013, 06:45 PM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
I'll leave this thread open, but you should be asking on the WP forums, not here,

You could download the previous version from WP
Contact the plugin author
or use a different caching plugin
Are there any recommendations? The Home page of our site www.tribe-online.de is pretty fast, but every page after is pretty slow. I would like to change that ASAP

Thank you
Old Jul 5, 2013, 07:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I would suggest testing a bunch and see which works best for you. And then report your findings for others to see what you came up with.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 04:10 PM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
I would suggest testing a bunch and see which works best for you. And then report your findings for others to see what you came up with.
We went for Hyper Cached, did speed up the site very much, very easy to configure though...
Old Jul 8, 2013, 02:15 AM
joshuamu

88 posts · Jun 2012
nairobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hody
We went for Hyper Cached, did speed up the site very much, very easy to configure though...
Good suggession