Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Putting a image background in the header's logo area

Old Feb 18, 2009, 03:04 PM
kirinafa

4 posts · Feb 2009
I've been trying to put a picture background where the logo icon, blog title, blog tagline, search box, RSS/Email area. Is this possible?

I tried putting this:
Code:
p { background-image: url(smallPic.jpg); }
Into the "Logo Area: Styling" section in Header. Is this the right place to put this? I thought it would be, but the background is just showing up where the Header Images are (right below in the next box). Could someone help me please?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 03:58 PM
MacMyDay

23 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirinafa
I've been trying to put a picture background where the logo icon, blog title, blog tagline, search box, RSS/Email area. Is this possible?

I tried putting this:
Code:
Into the "Logo Area: Styling" section in Header. Is this the right place to put this? I thought it would be, but the background is just showing up where the Header Images are (right below in the next box). Could someone help me please?
depending on what you're trying to do, you can simply create your background to the size you want and name it logo.jpg; then in the header section "Show Logo Image" simply put the name of the file you want in there. I used an image but still wanted the search in the box.. the logo doesn't have to be sized according to the template. Then upload that file to the images directory and it will display.

Alternatively, you can just eliminate that section from the layout and modify your header accordingly.

Just a workaround that worked for me.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 04:08 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirinafa

I tried putting this:
Code:
Don't use selector and curly brackets when putting CSS anywhere in the Atahualpa Theme Options - except when you add CSS at HTML/CSS Inserts

Also, all images you reference in CSS that you're adding through the theme options would have to have an absolute path instead of a relative path

HTML Code:
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/smallPic.jpf);
or wherever you uploaded that image. You can use full, absolute paths as well

HTML Code:
background: url(http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/smallPic.jpf);