Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

complete novice has question

Old Jan 19, 2009, 06:03 PM
Lynnc

4 posts · Jan 2009
After looking through about a zillion themes, I came across Atahualpa and found the one I wanted! My "web guy" installed it for me and in general I'm a happy camper. Thank you. http://www.celebrategreen.net/blog/

BUT...I do not want "popular posts" and "recent comments" in the sidebar. I don't want them at all. I've added some other widgets and stuff and thought I could just somehow remove the ones that came with the theme, but then realized I cannot. Asked my web guy about it and he isn't a word press expert and said he doesn't know how to do that or if it's possible.

Is it?

Honestly, I've looked at a LOT of themes and this is the only one I've seen that seems to have so much of what I want. I don't want to get another theme. Now one thing is that I evidently came across an old version. I probably should have web guy load in the new one, right?

So I guess this is two questions. I'd really appreciate any guidance you can give me.

Thanks for the wonderful theme and for your help.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 06:09 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You're running a 2.x version of the theme. I just released Atahualpa 3.1.8 at http://wordpress.bytesforall.com which - unlike Atahualpa 2.x - has no hard coded sections in the sidebars anymore.

If you want to stay with 2.x, you'd have to remove the popular posts and recent comments sections in sidebar2.php:

Delete everything from (and including):

PHP Code:
 <?php # from here up to line 106 the contents are "hardcoded" into the theme and won't dissapear
up to (and including):

PHP Code:
     mdv_most_commented(10, '<li>', '</li>', false, 365); ?>
    </ul>
    <?php ?>

<?php ?>
Old Jan 20, 2009, 12:27 PM
Lynnc

4 posts · Jan 2009
Thank you so much. I'm delighted I'll be able to use Atahualpa and look forward to spreading the word about it.

Warmly,
Lynn
www.CelebrateGreen.net