Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Total novice! What do I do after I download Atahualpa?

Old Mar 13, 2009, 09:41 AM
rachkitty

13 posts · Mar 2009
I downloaded it from Wordpress, and now there is a nice zip folder on my desktop. I have no idea how to apply it to my site. I am completely new to this. What do I do next?

Thanks for any help!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:22 AM
ciolo

12 posts · Mar 2009
This is actually wordpress help, because it works the same on all themes:

1. Unpack the zip in its own folder (ex: desktop\Atahualpa\)

2. I assume you have a web hosting account where you already installed wordpress (if you didn't install wordpress, see this site: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress )

- open your ftp client and connect to the web hosting
- Browse for wp themes folder: site-root/wp-content/themes/
- upload the theme folder from desktop into themes folder of your wordpress installation

3. Login into your Wordpress installation with the admin account and activate theme
- to do that, access yoursite.com/wp-admin/
- look in the left sidebar for Appearance/Themes
- In the theme list, you should see Atahualpa now: click on it, then in the right-up corner of the preview click the "activate theme" link.

That's it

Also, check WP Codex: http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes for detailed info.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:15 PM
rachkitty

13 posts · Mar 2009
That was a huge help. THANK YOU!!!!
Old May 1, 2009, 03:16 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
And for what you do NEXT...

I'd strongly suggest you got to Amazon.com and search under books for "Wordpress" - there's some great stuff out there. (A good book on CSS is handy as well... "CSS The Missing Manual" is a great one.)
Old May 16, 2009, 06:58 PM
Winnie

1 posts · May 2009
I tried uploading the Atahualpa files several times but the theme does not appear on the WP admin page. I read the directions provided by Ciolo and I see that I could not browse for the themes directoy; I had to create it. I have tried to create it in 2 locations.