Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Page content not visible in Safari, IE, Chrome

Old Aug 12, 2010, 04:44 PM
cyberM

5 posts · Jul 2010
I am in the process of setting up new site using Atahulapa theme here. I'm not sure what I've done wrong but the page content is not visible in IE, Safari and Chrome but everything works fine in Firefox. Can someone please help! I simply cannot figure out where the problem could lie.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 08:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I see the page in Safari on a mac
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:21 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I see the site fine on a PC with FF, IE8, Chrome, Safari, and Opera.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:05 AM
cyberM

5 posts · Jul 2010
There is supposed to be text in the center column on each page between the left and right columns....I don't see that in browsers other than Firefox. And yet, if you look at the source code, it is there.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:39 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Yup... see it. Have you tested for plugin conflicts?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:52 AM
cyberM

5 posts · Jul 2010
I deactivated ALL plugins....no luck! Even replaced all files in the functions folder. Still nothing.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
somehow you have two lines in the main column
HTML Code:
	<!--
<!--
these are comments and cause the following
HTML Code:
<div class="post-1 post type-post hentry category-uncategorized" id="post-1">
to become a comment so the info in the center never shows.

You need to look at ato->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN to see if you have made any changes and/or look at any of the theme code that you may have changed
Old Aug 13, 2010, 02:43 PM
cyberM

5 posts · Jul 2010
I saw that too when I looked at source code in my browser. I've looked through everything per your suggestion but haven't managed to locate the offending code. Any more ideas of where I could look? It's definitely NOT in ato->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN. Truly do appreciate your help on this - thanks a million!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 03:21 PM
cyberM

5 posts · Jul 2010
FOUND IT!!! It WAS in ato->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN....I was just so cross-eyed after looking at pages and pages of code, I simply wasn't seeing it. Thanks for all your help!