Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Which previous version menu bug fixes are needed with 3.6.4?

Old May 7, 2011, 02:04 PM
Douglas

15 posts · Apr 2010
Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I can't find a straight answer by reading older threads.

I'm still running 3.5.3, with BUGFIX 353-01 to stabilize use of the WP menu functions.

I just tried updating to 3.6.4 and everything looks awful. I would have expected that 3.6.4 would have automatically incorporated menu compatibility. I really wish I didn't have to do so much reprogramming to do with each Atahualpa upgrade.

Am I missing something?
Old May 7, 2011, 02:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
all 353 BUGFIX's are in 364, however there are some 364 BUGFIX's (different issues)

when you say it looks terrible, what do you mean?
Old May 7, 2011, 03:14 PM
Douglas

15 posts · Apr 2010
Hi Juggledad:

All page menu titles (2 levels) and pages (3rd level?) appear at the same level (top), listed left to right then wrapping onto a second line. Do I have to rebuild the the WP menu structure or something like that?

Doug
Old May 7, 2011, 07:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you are using the wordpress menu, when you switch themes you have to reset it in the menu option (menu 1)
Old May 8, 2011, 05:51 AM
Douglas

15 posts · Apr 2010
Oh, okay. I should have thought of that myself. I just didn't want to leave the site looking funny for long, so I immediately switched back to the older version.

So, one last quick question: How many of the new version bug-fixes need to be used? Should I just apply all of them, or should I only deal with individual ones as I encounter specific problems?

Thanks again.
Old May 8, 2011, 06:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
one last quick question: How many of the new version bug-fixes need to be used? Should I just apply all of them, or should I only deal with individual ones as I encounter specific problems?
that's up to you, however applying them all will mean you won't hit the issue it addresses in two weeks/months, if you add something that hits that bug....