Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Adding buttons to header

Old Feb 26, 2010, 06:34 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
On my website at http://www.cornetsdegroot.com -I guess everyone knows where to find it by now , I would like to add the RSS, Comments, and Email Subscription buttons to the top right area of the header. They are gone now because I disabled the logo altogether. The only thing in the Header Area box now is %image (i.e., no succession of %bar1 %logo %cats %bar2 %pages %bar1 etc.) I did this because if I add %logo, the blogtitle and taglines are replicated; I am not sure why... Also, I have nothing in the box Show Logo Image.

These may have been bad choices but I couldn't find another way to have the blog title and taglines as well as the rotating image in the top left corner. Incidentally, in the header.php, I placed a   in order to have a small empty space above the rotating image, plus I added a caption text to display below the rotating image, like so:

HTML Code:
		<!-- Header -->
		<td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $bfa_ata['cols']; ?>">
&nbsp;
		<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata['configure_header']); ?>

<?
echo "<i><font size=1>Foto's: Cor Stutvoet.</font></i>";
?>
I'm pretty sure this is not how this should be done, but it works; however, if there is more appropriate method, please let me know.

Many thanks for your help!
Old Feb 26, 2010, 07:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you review http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5926
Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:16 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Hi Juggledad,
Thanks for this one too! You ought to take a look and see how it is; this puts an end to a lot of futile tinkering and trying, so thanks very much!
I'm just wondering where to adjust the way the icons behave, and the font-weight of the anchor text... Would you help me with that?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 06:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
I'm just wondering where to adjust the way the icons behave, and the font-weight of the anchor text...
do you mean the RSS icons? if so have you looked at ATO->RSS Settings?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:24 PM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Yes, I did look there; there seems to be no option to adjust the hovering behavior or the font-weight of the anchor text. I have also tried to narrow the width of the box in order to display the three icons + text in three rows. When I do, however, they align to the right instead of to the left, which I would prefer.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 05:03 PM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Just found where to change the hyperlink font-weight. In ATO>Body, Text, & Links> Link Text Bold or Not. Of course!