Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Drop down menu not working in IE9

Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:14 AM
Greystone

2 posts · Apr 2012
[SOLVED] Drop down menu not working in IE9

Hi

I've just installed my first Atahualpa theme and joined the forum and would like help with a problem I've got.

I created a custom drop down menu in Wordpress 3.3.1. and it worked fine for a while in my browser (IE9). But as I continued to tweak my new fantastic Atahualpa theme, something I did has caused the drop down menu to stop working in IE9, although it still works in Firefox. Any ideas?

My site is http://contracthiredeals.net .

Howard
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
unfortunate I don't have IE9 to help you but here is how I would figure out what caused the change.

First - go to ato->export/import settings and export your settings - keep this file safe so you can restore your settings to what you have

Now, go to each option page and press the RED 'Reset Settings' button and go test the menu after each time you press the button. It is helpful to have two window tabs, one for the backend and one for the front end so you can press the reset, click on the other tab, refresh the page, test it, click on the backend page and go to the next option page and repeat.

This should reveal what option page is causing the situation. Once you find it you can go back to ato->export/import settings and import the settings you saved and then go back to the option page in question and figure out what option causes the issue.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 05:17 AM
Greystone

2 posts · Apr 2012
Hi juggledad,

I figured it out.

There's an option at the bottom of the 'Style & Configure Layout' page called IE Document Type. I just set it to IE9 and everything worked fine.

Thanks for your help.
Howard