Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Leave A Comment title instead of Leave A Reply Title.

Old Jun 15, 2009, 06:25 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
Lightbulb [SOLVED] Leave A Comment title instead of Leave A Reply Title.

Just a fine point, but while tuning my dev site (before release) I wanted to make the "Leave A Comment" footer link consistent with the comment form. I couldn't find a place in ATO to change the title so I tweaked it comments.php:

Code:
<h3 class="reply"><?php comment_form_title($noreplytext = __('Leave a Reply','atahualpa'),
To:

Code:
<h3 class="reply"><?php comment_form_title($noreplytext = __('Leave a Comment','atahualpa'),
Hope this helps.

Last edited by fromtheranks; Jun 25, 2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Attempt to remove quotes from thread title.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 07:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Check out ATO -> Post/Page info Items -> FOOTER: Homepage
Old Jun 15, 2009, 07:33 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
Leave A Comment title instead of Leave A Reply Title.

Juggledad (love that handle, it suggests someone very busy),

It was my understanding that ATO --> Post/Page Info Items --> Footer: Homepage was for tweaking the link to the Comment Form but not the title of the comment form itself. Yes/no?

This is what I have set at the moment:

%date('F jS, Y')% <strong>|</strong> %tags-linked('<strong>Tags: </strong>', ', ', ' <strong>|</strong> ')% <strong>Category:</strong> %categories-linked(', ')% | %comments('<strong>Leave a comment</strong>', '<strong>One comment</strong>', '<strong>% comments</strong>', '<strong>Comments are closed</strong>')% %edit(' | ', 'Edit this post', '')%

Am I missing an option to change the comment form title too, not just the link "title"?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fromtheranks; Jun 25, 2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 05:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
oops , sorry I didn't read your original post carefully enough. You are right the ATO -> Post/Page Info Items -> Footer: Homepage IS for tweaking the link to the Comment Form but not the title of the comment form itself. there is no option to change the title, your code change is correct. (oops)

p.s. the handle came about when I was a stay at home dad and made all my kids friends learn to juggle when they came over to visit. At one point there were nine that were nine juggling clubs
Old Jun 16, 2009, 01:15 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Leave A Comment title instead of Leave A Reply Title.

Thanks, Juggledad, for clarifying this for me. Perhaps a new option someday?

Nine kids, learning how to juggle? Good grief? ... Sounds like you had fun though.

Last edited by fromtheranks; Jun 25, 2009 at 07:03 PM.