Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

changing the way comments are displayed

Old May 17, 2009, 09:44 PM
RobertSGold

9 posts · Apr 2009
changing the way comments are displayed

I am sorry to be such an idiot. I suspect the answer to this question is easy, but I simply can't figure it out.

When comments are displayed, they appear as such:
Author Name

date at time

comment text

I would simply like to change the display so that it appears like this:
Author Name

comment text
date at time (right justified)
Where is this controlled? Why can't I find it?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 01:22 PM
Lucker

17 posts · Apr 2009
+1
Good question!

actually I'd like so much to use the other order of the comment's fields, something like this:

date at time

comment text
- Author Name

Is it possible to put commentator name after the comment text, align it to right and add " - " before name? Maybe I should edit a file in the order to get this done?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Lucker; Jun 12, 2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 02:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The display of comments is not a Atahualpa controled issue. The Atahualpa makes a call to wp_list_comments (which is in wp-includes/comments-template.php) and that is the code that produces the comments in the manner you see. This is the code that would have to be changed to do what you want.

There are plenty of 'comment' plugin's that you might try, do a google search with 'wordpress plugin comments' and try some.

If you find one you like, please let us all know.