Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Child pages not showing for one parent page only - and only on ie8 on vista

Old Oct 31, 2010, 01:15 PM
harrisons16s

5 posts · Oct 2010
Ok, slightly protracted title but it says it all. On my page http://braeheadprimarystirling.org/ all of the tabs show child pages except the 'Info and Newsletters 2010 - 2011' one and there doesn't seem to be any reason I can find. I have replaced the parent page and the new one doesn't display child pages either.

However, if I use Firefox the child pages are there in a drop down. Also, when I access the site at school on an older OS the drop down is there. Is it possible the problem is either Vista or IE 8 or both or nothing to do with any of that??

Very confused as to why it's there in some browsers but not IE8 on Vista - also this is not just on my own computer, a parent (a human one not a page) is also having the same problem at home with that particular groups of pages - anyone got ANY idea?

I should add that I'm VERY new to all of this and have very little experience with websites.

Thanks

Sandra
Old Oct 31, 2010, 01:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm going to assume you are using 3.5.3 since you didn't say. Did you apply the menu fixes in the 'New Versions' forum?
Old Oct 31, 2010, 01:58 PM
harrisons16s

5 posts · Oct 2010
Hey juggledad,

Thanks for the quick reply - I hadn't applied the fix but I just found it and replaced the coding - it's now doing wierd things to one of my other menus (the child page names disappear although there is a space for them and they reappear if I hover over them......sometimes) the menu I originally posted about still doesn't show any child pages on IE8 - everything works fine in Firefox still though :-/

Very confused and yes I'm on 3.5.3 sorry for not saying that!

Sandra
Old Oct 31, 2010, 02:08 PM
harrisons16s

5 posts · Oct 2010
Apologies, have sorted the disappearing/hovering issue - still just got the 'no child pages under the Info and Newsletter' tab' issue!

Also - added a random 'test' page and a child for it and they worked so it's not 'new' pages that are the issue!

Last edited by harrisons16s; Oct 31, 2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 07:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
your issue has nothing to do with IE or Vista since the same thing happens on a MAC using Safari.

Your problem has to do with coding in so many <font...> and not enough </font...>'s
Why are you using a <font></font> pare around each menu item when you can go to ato->MENU 1 (Page Menu)->Font Size & Face and set it once and get rid of all that extra coding...and as a bonus, you get rid of the <font...> that should be a </font...> and the problem will be gone.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 12:55 AM
harrisons16s

5 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks so much for your help I think I'm probably just going to remove the <font> coding completely anyway later today when I have time. I was using it on each menu item because the first time I set the Menu 1 font size and face it didn't work on everything and with my limited limited knowledge that was the only way I found to get it to look the way I wanted it to.

Thanks so much for your help! I shall head on over to paypal later today and leave a token of my appreciation.

Cheers
Sandra
Old Nov 3, 2010, 03:37 PM
harrisons16s

5 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks so much for your help - that sorted the problem - silly of me actually as with all the coding removed from each menu item it works and is still in the required font so obviously when I edited the MENU1 settings it did work!

Thanks for your help, left a donation, wasn't logged in at the time though so not sure it'll be obvious it was mine. Brain not working lately it seems. Twas $10.00 don't know if that helps, gave the reason as 'advice given'

Cheers again
Sandra

Last edited by harrisons16s; Nov 3, 2010 at 03:50 PM.