Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Page Option "Do Not Display Body Title" Not Working

Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
amyuhrich

4 posts · Jan 2011
Hi all - I'm having some trouble with a feature that previously worked just fine for me. Under Atahualpa Page Options there is a check box to "NOT display the Body Title on Single Post or Static Pages." I have my own custom image titles/headers inserted into the body of my pages, and previously I had used this check box option without the title appearing - but now my page titles are showing up and when I check the box and update, it refuses to save the changes.

I have not performed any recent upgrades and have also checked this problem against newly-installed plugins, and I can't pinpoint what's causing this sudden change in behavior. Any thoughts or work-arounds? I want to keep my page title for the menu bar - I just don't want it displaying on my pages. Any help is much appreciated.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 02:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What versions of Atahualpa and WordPress?
Could you post a link to the site?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 02:44 PM
amyuhrich

4 posts · Jan 2011
Sure thing. My site is here: http://amyuhrich.com

I'm currently using Atahualpa 3.4.5 (a little behind on that) and can't seem to find out my Wordpress version (they used to list it in the bottom right hand corner, but not anymore it seems) - all I know is I do not have the latest version. I tried to do the auto theme update today, but hesitated when it told me I'd lose any customizations I've made (meaning what, exactly?).
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't know why that wouldn't work unless it is something they changed in WordPress that doesn't work quite right with Atahualpa 3.4.5
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You saidy
Quote:
when I check the box and update, it refuses to save the changes.
does it save and then change back or just flat refust to save it.
Did you add anything new to the site recently, new plugin?
Who is your host? We recently saw a thread where a user would make a change and come back later and it was gone. It seems the host was rolling back any changes the user made. So you might want to check with your host.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 09:02 AM
amyuhrich

4 posts · Jan 2011
I disabled all recent plugins individually to try again, and none of them seem to be affecting it. It tells me the page has been updated, but afterward the box is unchecked again and the title still displays. I'm using GoDaddy, and have been since I started. I suppose it's possible that my host or WP have changed something, though like I said, I haven't made any recent updates/upgrades...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
My suspicion is that godaddy has instituted some automatic back out system for database changes. You should contact them and find out.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:49 PM
amyuhrich

4 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks, I'll probably do that. First I'll definitely attempt a Wordpress update and see if that helps.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Do a database backup first!!!!!
Then call go daddy
Lastly update wordpress