Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] NextGEN Slideshow: Images don't show up in sequence

Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:26 PM
jillin

16 posts · Oct 2010
San Francisco, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to jillin
I have been troubleshooting this for about a week, at least, and tried many possible solutions and I still just can't figure out what it is. It's very important that the images show up in sequence but for some reason the first four, most often the first two, are out of order. And sometimes it's perfect, so it's very inconsistent. These are the things I've tried so far:

• resetting

• uninstalling and reinstalling.

• ordering by ID#, so I thought at first, but now I'm not sure because I noticed later that when I sort the images it in the Sort Gallery by Alt/Title Text or any other of those options it doesn't stick after I update Sort Order.

• naming image files numerically (i.e. 01image, 02image, etc.) and alphabetically.

• sorting manually in the Sort Gallery.

• Tried the following trick that I found in the Wordpress forum:
a.)Open wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/xml/json.php
b.)Go to line 85, under where it says case 'gallery' :
c.)Change the second parameter on the nggdb::get_gallery function from 'pid' to 'sortorder'

• unchecking Shuffle Mode in the Slideshow options.

• switching themes to see if it has anything to do with the theme.

I think that covers it. Switching themes didn't make a difference and I don't see anything about this particular issue in the forum here but I'm wondering if you can think of anything that might tie it to the theme. Here is the url: http://bobsweldart.com/bio/process/ Thanks for reading my long post! I even joined the Wordpress group on LinkedIn to ask for help and got a lot of feedback to no avail.

Last edited by jillin; Nov 10, 2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:25 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Do you have the JW Image Rotator installed and have you checked "Enable flash slideshow" in the slideshow settings?

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 11, 2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:02 PM
jillin

16 posts · Oct 2010
San Francisco, CA
I don't have the JW Image Rotator.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:25 PM
jillin

16 posts · Oct 2010
San Francisco, CA
The only thing I changed under the JW Rotator Settings heading was to uncheck Shuffle mode, one of the suggestions I got on other forums. The only other things I changed in the entire options panel was the size and duration time.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I just tried it with shuffle mode off and JW Rotator installed and the images went in order as opposed to no JW Rotator. The instructions on the setting page say you have to be using the JW Rotator for the settings in that section to work. You can download the non-commercial use image rotator here to text and see if that fixes you issue.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:41 PM
jillin

16 posts · Oct 2010
San Francisco, CA
I tried the rotator before and the one thing I really didn't like about it is the fact that the jwpayer logo pops up every time the image rotates. I've installed it again to see if I can figure out how to get rid of it and just credit the author somewhere below the slideshow. Is there anything I can do about that? It's very disruptive.

The images do show up in order now.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:57 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I bought the license. It's kind of expensive but if you contact them they may offer you a discount for just the rotator. They offered me a 50% off the rotator as a stand alone.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:10 PM
jillin

16 posts · Oct 2010
San Francisco, CA
...I would have to ask my client about that, since I have no need for something that has to be in sequence. I'm working for trade on this as it is. Any other ideas? Thanks for your advice so far. I may have to just try something else, but I really like how the NextGEN slideshow looks by itself, clean and simple.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 04:02 PM
jillin

16 posts · Oct 2010
San Francisco, CA
I decided to try the ShowTime Slideshow instead and it's exactly what I was looking for, no hassles so far. Problem solved.