Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Fixed or Fluid layout settings not working?

Old May 7, 2011, 05:53 AM
G.Gecko

2 posts · May 2011
Hi, my first post here, so first thank you all for such a great WP theme

quick info:
Wordpress version: 3.1.2
Atahualpa version: 3.6.4
PHP version 5.2.17

I've recently been changing my site over from a fluid width to a fixed width site.
When changing the WP part of the site I of course went into the Atahualpa "Style and Config Layout" options and changed from a fluid width with of 99% with a minimum of 800px and max of 1280px to a Fixed width of 980px.

The problem is the fixed width setting is not taking effect, also changing back to my last fluid settings is not working for me now either.

I have no cache plugins installed and I've stripped everything from the "add html css" areas, I've tried running with out my menu and with a smaller header image but nothing seems to work.

I'm starting to think it's another setting in Atahualpa that I'm overlooking or in conflict with?
I've really dug through the forums and I just can't find what I've got wrong.

Any suggestions or help would be fantastic as I'm completely tapped at the moment.

Thanks

P.S. blog in question >> http://blackberryvoodoo.com/blog
Old May 7, 2011, 06:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
looks like it is fixed width to me.
Old May 7, 2011, 06:36 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you tried temporarily deactivating your plugins to see if there is a problem with one of them?

I believe you can "fix" this by adding the following to CSS Inserts but that doesn't get to the cause. It is just forcing things to happen.
HTML Code:
div#container {
width: 980px !important;
}
Old May 7, 2011, 09:48 AM
G.Gecko

2 posts · May 2011
Thank you both so much for such quick responses. I just took another look in Safari and things were working correctly, however I was still getting the problem while using Firefox 4 and IE9. I've went ahead and added the bit of CSS you suggested lmilesw and it has solved the issue for me. I know there's still some underlying issue, but frankly I'm ok with forcing it this way if I have to. I'm still at a loss why the problem popped up to begin with though.

p.s. I have tried with all my pluggins off and unfortunately still had the issue. I'll be sure to post back here if I ever track down what went wrong.

Thanks so much for helping me out, I'll be sure to chip in a bit