Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Page-Specific HTML/CSS Inserts?

Old Aug 7, 2010, 01:59 AM
eric41

51 posts · Aug 2010
Nieder Sachsen, Germany
Hi! I am using Atahaulpa3.4.6, and here is a link to my site.

I have created essentially an entire page for the front page by inserting an image map div container via Theme Options>HTML/CSS inserts. It works fine except, of course, whatever I insert there applies to every page of the site. How can I make this container page-specific and create another html/css insert that will apply to a different page of the site?

Thank you!
Old Aug 7, 2010, 04:43 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To define a specific page go to the page you want to affect with the styling and look at the source. Search for body class= and you will see something like <body class="page page-id-891.... Use the page id followed by the item you want to select on that page in CSS Inserts (EG body.page-id-891 div#imagecontainer). I hope that's clear.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 06:00 AM
eric41

51 posts · Aug 2010
Nieder Sachsen, Germany
Thank you so much for that help. But I'm still a bit confused, maybe because my div contains an image map? With the code you supplied that goes into CSS inserts, how do I call the specific div container (containing the image map) in order to assign it to that page id?

In other words, in the code you included for the CSS inserts section...

body.page-id-333 div#imagecontainer

...What calls the specific container I want to display on that page?

Sorry if I seem simple in my understanding..I am a bit new to most of this.
Thank you again!

Last edited by eric41; Aug 7, 2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 03:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Right now I see nothing on the site you sent the link to. I reread your question and was wondering why not put the image map on a page and use that as a static home page vs putting it in where you did which I assume is in the HTML Inserts: Body Top?